Automake rules for sane backend?

From: Robert Schwebel (robert@schwebel.de)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 07:16:26 PDT

    Hi!

    I'm currently writing a SANE backend for a Spectrometer (something like a
    1D scanner). As this will not be of interest for "normal" people I don't
    think it should be part of the sane distribution, so I set up my own
    package with standard automake/autoconf tools.

    Does anybody have Makefile.am rules for compiling a backend? I'm
    relatively new to AM/AC and the documentation I have found so far (info
    files that came with autoconf/automake is not really useful for building
    the shared libraries needed by SANE.

    As I'm sure somebody has done this before. Does anybody have a hint where
    I can search for example code?

    Robert