Hi... / EPSON Perfection 1200 Photo

From: Kristian (kristian.rink@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 04:00:52 PDT

    Hi there, folks...
    At first: I'm new to the list and so I just wanted to say 'Hello' and to
    shortly introduce myself: I'm Kristian Rink, student of computer science and
    Linux user now for about 4 years, currently running Stampede Linux 0.89 on a
    PII machine, and now finally using SANE since I've managed to get a scanner
    which actually is supported by Linux... :)))

    Hmmm, so at second, a short question on that: I'm with an EPSON "Perfection 1200
    Photo" scanner (USB interface), and, with kernel 2.2.14 + 2.3.39 backport + SAN
    E 1.0.2, this machine performs pretty fine... except for the TPU, sadly.
    Obviously the SANE is able to recognise the presence of the TPU by giving me
    some additional options (to select scan source "flatbed" / "tpu" same as
    positive / negative scan), but trying to access the scanner for even getting a
    preview ends up with an "Invalid argument" error message and, in the console an
    "[epson] control of extension failed" message. Can anyone give me a hint how to
    get that thing working? Does the TPU work in Linux, anyhow?

    Thanks in advance, have a nice day...

    Kristian

    kristian.rink@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de