Re: Oh so close to getting an HP4200C working over USB

From: Jonathan Buzzard (jonathan@buzzard.org.uk)
Date: Sat Apr 29 2000 - 01:14:47 PDT

    tbartley@austin.rr.com said:
    > After checking to see what had a decent level of support on Linux
    > today my new HP4200C scanner arrived so I'm trying to set it up. I
    > have it connected via the USB to my machine (x86). I'm running
    > linux-2.3.99-pre6 so I have the most recent USB code. I've downloaded
    > SANE 1.0.2 and compiled and installed it.

    Then you made a mistake. The HP4200C is not yet supported under Linux/Sane
    While the Linux USB driver can talk to the scanner there is no Sane
    backend that can drive the scanner available yet. There is however one
    in development, but it is not yet functional.

    For more information visit my USB scanner status page at

        http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners-usb.html

    Had you checked here first you may have made a more suitable purchase. It
    is unfortunate that this page is no longer linked from the Sane backend
    page.

    JAB.

    --
    Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
    Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195