Re: 16 bit support for scanimage

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 20:07:40 PDT

    [Peter Kirchgessner]
    > enclosed is a proposal for 16 bit support for scanimage. It adds the
    > possibility to save scans as TIFF-files which has both 8 and 16 bit
    > support. It is not based on libtiff, it is just straightforward.
    [...]
    > Any suggestions are welcome. Maybe these changes then can get into
    > the next official SANE release.

    I had a look at the patch, and it looks OK. The indentation of
    stiff.[ch] seem to need indendation-fixes to follow GNU conventions.
    I suggest running astyle on the source to fix it. :-)

    I do not think -o is the best option to use for tiff output. Maybe
    -t, or something like fig2dev's '-L tiff' would be the best way to go.
    This would make it easier to handle more formats.

    Which backends support 16 bit output at the moment?

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no