Re: Mustek12000SP

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 12:41:35 PDT

    > I am using a Mustek 12000SP plus with SANE 1.02 (with the XC06
    > modification in the Mustek driver) and xsane 0.58.

    To be sure: It's a ScanExpress 12000SP Plus not a Paragon model?

    > The whole setup
    > works fine, except that if I scan at 1200dpi, I get a "squashed" image.
    > The horizontal resolution doesn't match the vertical resolution. It is
    > easy enough to fix using the GIMP, and I almost never need that high a
    > resolution, but I think maybe it should be fixed as a matter of
    > principle.

    I have heard about this from some people especially with ScanMagic scanners.
    My ScanExpress 12000SP doesn't show this behaviour, however. Could you
    please download the current Mustek backend from
    http://hmg.home.pages.de/sane and send a debug output to me (export
    SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=4 and scanimage -L 2>debug.txt)?

    Are you uing the Mustek SCSI card or a different adaptor? How fast is it?

    In which direction is the image shrinked, x or y? Is it exactly factor 2?

    Bye, Henning