Re: [SLE] scanner Umax 2200 not found

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 01:46:26 PDT

    Steve Sheriff wrote:

    > Can't figure out:
    >
    > 1. Where does our output go? locate out.pnm gives me nothing.

    locate can not find it until the database for locate is not updated.
    Use
        find / -name "out.pnm"

    > 2. I can't scan under a user other than root (permissions?)

    use "find-scanner" to find out the name of the device file where the scanner
    is connected (something like /dev/sga, not /dev/scanner) and change the
    permissions of that file so you have read and write access.
    Be carefull, if you enable write access for a harddisk you may loose all your data!

    > 3. Doesn't appear under gimp (ln -s command somewhere?)

    man xscanimage

    > with xscanimage I get:
    >
    > [umax] WARNING : UMAX scanner Astra 2200 version 2.1 on device /dev/sga is
    > currently an unrecognised device but enquiry seems to be O.K. CONTINUE WITH
    > CAUTION

    Use the recent sane version (1.0.2)

    Bye
    Oliver