Plustek scanners

From: JTKirk (j_t_kirk@geocities.com)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 00:42:50 PDT

    Well, I saw the other day that a new version (0.31) of the Plustek driver
    is available... this one has been tested with a 9636T (the
    one with transparencies adapter), and supposedly should work
    with the 4831P and 600P too (and others that use the same ASIC)
    I have a 4831P, I tried it with version 0.27 some time ago,
    and as it's stated, it works in grayscale and halftone,
    B&W gives something like "artifacting" colours in the background,
    color doesn't respond... but with "color32", it worked if I
    first did a grayscale scan and immediately thereafter a color32
    scan. unfortunately, the file format seems to be unrecognized
    by either gimp or xv... but it's there. All this using
    the DOS LPT1 port in EPP 1.9 mode, under SANE 1.0.1
    I haven't tested it with driver 0.31 yet, but I'll do it
    and report back. In the meantime, I hope work continues to
    get support for them to work in any parallel port and any
    color depth...

    --
    __________   ____---____       Marco Antonio  Checa  Funcke
    \_________D /-/---_----'       mailto:mcheca@li.urp.edu.pe,