Re: Can thumbnails be included in jpeg images generated by xsane?

From: Stephen Williams (steve@icarus.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 20:04:02 PST

    njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk said:
    > There is no thumbnail in the JFIF file format, nor in the JPEG
    > standard itself.

    Yes there is.

    In the first APP0 marker there are Xthumbnail and Ythumbnail fields to
    specify the dimensions of the thumbnail. That is then followed by
    3*X*Y bytes of RGB thumbnail data.

    steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
    steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,