Re: which umax scanner (or other)

From: Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 05:36:48 PST

    On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 08:49:03PM +0100, Steve Sheriff wrote:
    > Are the Umax cards so bad that they are not workable? (a separate Adaptec card
    > is ridiculously expensive over here. I may be able to mail order *that* item but
    > shipping a Umax scanner is another matter I feel)

    I have no idea what cards UMAX uses, but you don't need an Adaptec card. Any
    supported SCSI adapter will do. I am using one of the cheap Symbios 810 cards
    without any problems.

    > Is there a HP or Epson model we could get working as well as the Umax? With the
    > suppled card? That scans in colour? Or maybe Agfa?

    The EPSON Perfection 1200S comes with an Adaptec card that is supported. The
    USB scanners (Perfection 1200U, 636U and 610) are also supported. You don't
    need a SCSI card for them.

    Karl Heinz

    --
    Karl Heinz Kremer                                      khk@khk.net