Re: sane-1.0.2 libsane.so broken in Solaris

From: Stephen Williams (steve@icarus.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 13:30:24 PST

    wls@astro.umd.edu said:
    > Solaris does not have /etc/ld.so.conf (nor ldconfig). Instead it uses
    > a Run Path linked into each binary.

    From what I recall, yes it does have an /etc/ld.so.cache or something
    similar. And in any case, the LD_RUN_PATH can override th compiled in
    path. And there is something like an ldconfig command.

    Of course, the commands and file names are slightly different for Solaris.

    Also of course, this is from memory so don't take my word for it.

    steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
    steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,