Re: How to get Microtek Phantom work

From: Levente NOVAK (novak@jaguar.dote.hu)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 01:20:02 PST

    On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Riku Turkia wrote:

    > I have a Microtek Phantom parallel port scanner. I think it is model
    > V300 or something like that so it should work with OnSpec 90C26 driver.

    What is your model exactly? Mine is a Phantom 636cx and I was able to find
    it with find-scanner once the ppSCSI suite was installed and the onscsi
    module loaded.

    > I downloaded the ppSCSI suite and installed the patch (which had small
    > problems with one file, however I was able to apply the patch manually).
    > Then I compiled the kernel but obviously something is not right since
    > the scanner does not show signs of existing.

    Does find-scanner recognise it? Or is it only a problem with
    scanimage/xscanimage/xsane? If the model code of your scanner is not yet
    listed into the microtek2.c file, you will have to add it manually (e.g.
    mine is model 0x9a), using the other entries as template. You can use the
    debug options of microtek2 to turn on error logging, this helps a lot (see
    man sane-microtek2 if it is a SCSI-2 command set scanner).

    > Which things must be compiled as modules? Which things must be compiled
    > in the kernel overall?

    I have everything compiled as modules.

    > I use Red Hat 6.1 with kernel 2.2.12.

    For me, it is Debian 2.1 with kernel 2.2.13 (but worked also with 2.2.10).

    Levente