How to get Microtek Phantom work

From: Riku Turkia (riku.turkia@savcor.com)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 23:35:20 PST

    This is not so SANE-related question but scanner problem anyway.

    I have a Microtek Phantom parallel port scanner. I think it is model
    V300 or something like that so it should work with OnSpec 90C26 driver.

    I downloaded the ppSCSI suite and installed the patch (which had small
    problems with one file, however I was able to apply the patch manually).
    Then I compiled the kernel but obviously something is not right since
    the scanner does not show signs of existing.

    Which things must be compiled as modules? Which things must be compiled
    in the kernel overall?

    I use Red Hat 6.1 with kernel 2.2.12.

    Riku