Re: umax astra

From: pixel fairy (pixelfairy@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 06:49:23 PST

    Cornelius, John wrote:

    > My question is will they be suitable for the 1220S Umax scanner and if they
    > are which card will be more suitable?

    im using an astra 1200s on scsi one (the card is actually an adaptec
    2940UW, but since its connection is scsi 1 that does not matter) and it
    works fine. try one, if it detects and the scanner detects, its fine.
    these scanners are not going to tax the scsi bus unless your doing alot
    of 600 DPI scans of large images. i would take
    the cheaper one if all your using it for is the scanner.

    at least the 1200s works very nicely under sane. dont know about yours.