Re: Xsane-0.55: scan resolution selection (Epson 1200S, CVS Sane)

From: Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 04:11:16 PST

    On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 06:38:31PM +0000, Dave Hill wrote:
    > There is an alternative, instead of returning "min", "max" and "quant",
    > you can return the actual list instead, changing the type from
    > CONSTRAINT_LIST to WORD_LIST. See the agfafocus backend for more
    > on this. Xsane has code to handle this case as well as the
    > CONSTRAINT_LIST version, so I assume that it will display the
    > correct resolution list (although the code says > 50, so 50 DPI
    > isn't included(!), and you only get 20 items max). Could be worth
    > an #ifdef in the backend to try it.
    >
    > Sorry, I'm rambling... I hope that's right!

    No need no apologize... Thanks for the explanation, but it came
    a bit too late :-) I have tried this and since yesterday it's in
    the repository. XSane does display the complete list (32 values)
    an it starts with 50 dpi (it does however set the preview resolution
    for a full page scan to 60 dpi).

    Karl Heinz

    --
    Karl Heinz Kremer                                      khk@khk.net