Re: New CVS snapshot 20000213

From: Wolfgang Rapp (wolfgang@rapp-informatik.de)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 05:38:47 PST

    Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:.

    > Strange. The problem is that HP and Irix compilers do not allow
    > arithmetics on void pointers. I added this flag to at least make gcc
    > give a warning when this was used.

    Ok , I thimk this is a good solution, The Unixware compiler also don't
    allow
    pointer arithmetik on void pointers.
    This is the way good C compilers should do. Gcc is buggy at this point.
    What should
    a compiler p.e. add for autoincrement a void pointer 1 for char
    pointer or 4 for long
    or function pointer. Very dangerous such coding. It's better a compiler
    don't allow this.

    Bye Wolfgang