Re: Xsane-0.55: scan resolution selection (Epson 1200S, CVS Sane)

From: John Vickers (jvickers@dial.pipex.com)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 03:17:48 PST

    Hi.

    I had a bit more of a poke around, and I think the problem is in xsane.

    (After making sure I really was linking with the sane I thought
    I was linking with...)

    xsane uses quite different code for the preview resolution slider
    and for the main resolution slider.

    For the preview slider, the xsane resets the slider value to the
    resolution value returned by the backend, so that a subsequent
    change to the slider value, via cursor keys or mouse clicks
    is relative to the valuye returned by the backend.

    For the main resolution slider, the slider value is never reset.

    HTH. I'll do some more digging. But this GUI stuff is a bit high level
    for me. Can't you write it in VHDL ? ;-)

    John.