Re: HP 3200C

From: Peter Kirchgessner (peter@kirchgessner.net)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 11:57:59 PST

    Hi Andy,

    you can have a look at http://www.torque.net/parport/ppscsi.html
    or http://www.ns.net/~paschal/sane. They are working on parallel scanner
    support.
    But all these scanners seem to support the HP-SCL (Scanner control
    language).
    In the HP-SCL documentation (see below) the HP ScanJet 3200C is listed
    to NOT support SCL. So supporting this scanner means to develop (or
    find) a suitable parallel port driver and develop a SANE-backend for the
    scanner.

    --Peter

    How to get the HP-SCL toolkit:
    The HP SCL Toolkit and documentation may be easily downloaded from the
    web
    site for the HP Printing and Digital Imaging Solution Provider Program
    at:

    http://www.hp-developer-solutions.com

    The following steps will take you to the toolkit download page:

    1. Sign up for membership (affiliate membership is free)
    2. Log into the Members-Only section
    3. Click on the link for "Technical Services"
    4. Click on the link for "Scanners (non-network)"
    5. Click on the link for "Technical Information"
    6. Click on the link for the SCL Toolkit

    adennis wrote:

    > This is a repost, cause I didn't get any response.
    > I would like to know where I can get information about
    > the progress of drivers to support a parallel port scanner
    > from HP.
    >
    > Is anyone working on this?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Andy