Microtek E3 with snapshot 20000130 compiled for OS/2: Still no scans

From: Irv Thomae (irv.thomae@succinct.com)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 18:38:03 PST

      As subscribers to the sane-os2 list already know, last weekend Yuri Dario
    compiled what was then the latest snapshot, linked with his OS/2 adaptations.
      Today I had time to test it with a Microtek E3, and also a much older Microtek
    II-G. In a nutshell: the E3 still doesn't work, (but fails sooner). However,
    the changes from backend 0.10.1 to 0.11.1 don't seem to have affected the II-G:
    it still works.

      Not since v0.51 has sane-os2 worked with the E3, at least not for me - see
    several postings last July & August under the thread title
       "Microtek E3 won't scan but II-G okay (SANE OS/2)".

       With last summer's SANE-OS/2 (microtek backend 0.10.1), the E3 executes 2 or
    3 short moves (pre-cal?), then one high-speed but very short move is followed
    immediately by an "I/O Error". The II-G does not seem to have any such
    problems, but it's gray-scale only, and other capabiliites are also more
    limited.

       With the new snapshot, the E3 no longer executes those preliminary moves -
    Sane-OS/2 just reports an I/O error. I'm attaching a pair of log files created
    by redirecting stdout to file; "10test.log" is a typical aborted run with last
    summer's build, and "11test.log" uses the 0.11.1 microtek backend as included in
    last weekend' developmental snapshot. Both tests were run with
       sane_debug_sanei_scsi=128 and sane_debug_microtek = 128.

       If anyone can suggest further tests, let me know....

      Thanks,
      Irv Thomae