Re: Semi OT: SCSI termination question

From: Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 18:42:31 PST

    On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 01:33:49PM +1100, Robert Lowery wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am having some troubles getting my AcerScan 610S (Similar to
    > Vuego/Snapscan) to work with my Adaptec 1542 ISA SCSI card under Linux/Sane.

    Is this a PCI machine? I once tried this with my old and up to that point
    very trustworthy 1542, only to learn that PCI and some ISA busmastering cards
    don't mix well. Unfortunately this was too long ago and I can not remember
    how exactly the machine failed.

    I then got a Symbios/NCR 810 based card and had no problems since.

    Karl Heinz

    --
    Karl Heinz Kremer                                      khk@khk.net
                                                    http://www.khk.net