Semi OT: SCSI termination question

From: Robert Lowery (Robert.Lowery@colorbus.com.au)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 18:33:49 PST

    I am having some troubles getting my AcerScan 610S (Similar to
    Vuego/Snapscan) to work with my Adaptec 1542 ISA SCSI card under Linux/Sane.

    I have added
    options aha1542 aha1542=0x330,11,5
    to my modules.conf file

    but when I try to load the module I get lots of errors like
    Unable to abort command for target 0
    Trying device reset for target 0
    Interrupt received but no mail

    Could this be a termination problem

    I used to use the card supplied with the scanner (DTC436E) but it was dog
    slow (but at least it worked).

    The scanner has two 25 pin SCSI ports (same as a parallel port). I am using
    a 50pin - 25pin SCSI cable. Do I need to terminate one of them (I didn't
    have to with the DTC436E SCSI card)?

    Robert Lowery
    Software Engineer
    Colorbus Australia
    1044 Dandenong Road, Carnegie, Victoria 3163
    E-mail: robert.lowery@colorbus.com.au
    Tel direct: +61 3 8574 8014
    Fax office: +61 3 8574 8008