Re: MUSTEK 600IICD and 53C810 Question

From: Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 04:49:30 PST

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

Mox,

do you have anything else connected to the SCSI adapter? If you have other =
IDs
free then try to use them instead of 6. I've seen devices act strange in th=
e past
if I either select a specific ID, or only work with one ID. So don't be sur=
prised
if you find out that the scanner only works as ID 5.

I don't know the Mustek scanner, nor do I have any information about proble=
ms
with this specific device. All I'm saying is that I've seen strange things=
=20
happen with SCSI.

One more thing: How long is your cable from the adapter to the scanner?

Karl Heinz

On Mon, Jan 03, 2000 at 12:44:36PM +0100, Markus Klein wrote:
> Hello.
>=20
> I need Help. I have a MUSTEK PARAGON 600IICD Flatbed-Scanner and want to =
use a
> SYMBIOS 53C810 Controller because I cant get SUSE6.2 linux detect the Mus=
tek
> card. The 53C810 is detected correctly but linux doesnt want to use it wh=
en the
> scanner is plugged into it. In that case it always says something about: =
> anything is not like expected... fatal error: is power on, cable ok?,
> termination?..
> scsi disengaged, scsi: 0 hosts .... something like that..
>=20
> I have put an active termination to the "output" port of the scanner and =
set
> the ID to 6.
> The scsi host ID is set to 7, but I also tried both at 6 and 7 (
> also simultaniously) and every combination...
> The BIOS of the 53C810 Card is about rev. 4.XX
> Whatever I try: At startup of linux the card is initialized correctly onl=
y when
> the scanner is not plugged into it.
>=20
> Since this is my first time with scsi stuff I could really need an advice=
 what
> I have to do to solve the problem.=20
> Does anybody have experience with this MUSTEK product and this SCSI contr=
oller?
> What do I have to pay attention at? I must confess that I have problems to
> understand everything about SCSI (and particulary this card.)
>=20
> Please help me
> regards
> mox