MUSTEK 600IICD and 53C810 Question

From: Markus Klein (a9308317@unet.univie.ac.at)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 03:44:36 PST

Hello.

I need Help. I have a MUSTEK PARAGON 600IICD Flatbed-Scanner and want to use a
SYMBIOS 53C810 Controller because I cant get SUSE6.2 linux detect the Mustek
card. The 53C810 is detected correctly but linux doesnt want to use it when the
scanner is plugged into it. In that case it always says something about: ....
anything is not like expected... fatal error: is power on, cable ok?,
termination?..
scsi disengaged, scsi: 0 hosts .... something like that..

I have put an active termination to the "output" port of the scanner and set
the ID to 6.
The scsi host ID is set to 7, but I also tried both at 6 and 7 (
also simultaniously) and every combination...
The BIOS of the 53C810 Card is about rev. 4.XX
Whatever I try: At startup of linux the card is initialized correctly only when
the scanner is not plugged into it.

Since this is my first time with scsi stuff I could really need an advice what
I have to do to solve the problem.
Does anybody have experience with this MUSTEK product and this SCSI controller?
What do I have to pay attention at? I must confess that I have problems to
understand everything about SCSI (and particulary this card.)

Please help me
regards
mox