Re: sane-umax

Mike Schmitz (mschmitz@colug.org)
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:54:40 -0700

On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 05:49:26PM +0200, Oliver Rauch wrote:
> Mike Schmitz wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to set up a Umax Astra 1200s with sane.
> >
> > Machine:
> > Pentium 133
> > Debian Slink with debian sane package
> > Umax Astra 1200s with firmware v3.1
> > NCR53c400 SCSI card
> >
> > When the machine boots up, the card is recognized, and the scanner is
> > placed at /dev/sga. "find-scanner" finds the scanner OK. When I try to
> > scan, though, the machine locks up and I can't do anything but shut it
> > off.
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> I think you need to buy a better scsi card,
> but let's have a look what happens:
>
> do
> export SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=12
> xscanimage
> and then do a scan.
> Try to send me the text output, especally the last lines!
>
> Bye
> Oliver

Sorry it took so long to get back. The machine is in an active office,
and it is difficult to schedule time to get at it. Anyway here is the
output you asked for.

[Sane_init_debug: Setting debug level of umax to 12
[Umax] Sane_init
[Umax] attach scanner: /dev/sga
[Umax] attach scanner: opening /dev/sga
[Umax] attach scanner: open failed