Re: USB Scanner w/ linux2.3.x

David Nelson (dnelson@jump.net)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:34:30 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Florian,

To answer your questin, the SANE developers for the HP backend. Peter,
one of the developers, has pointed out some read failures which I believe
are the main contributing factors as to why SANE is core dumping. I've
started to look into the problem to fix the issue at hand.

Regarding HP support. They are coming out with scanners that they are
unable to release info on. Namely the 4200C page scanner and I suspect
the PhotoSmart S20. Neither of these products use the SCL command set
which is what SANE's hp backend depends on. Otherwise, HP has been
helpful to me through their dev support.

Regards,
/\/elson

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Florian Hinzmann wrote:

> Hi David!
>
> Thanks for your fast answer.
>

> On 16-Sep-99 David Nelson wrote:
>
> > I'm currently in contact with the deveopers of the hp backend to resolve
> > some startup issues. But when SANE does startup, it works like a champ!!
>
> Developers wich are authors of SANE hp backend or developers
> wich work for HP?
>
> Does HP cooperate, give technical information about their scanners?
>

> bye,
> Florian
>

> ---
> Florian Hinzmann f.hinzmann@public.uni-hamburg.de
> fh@dipa.de, fh@debian.org
> NEW PGP-Key fingerprint: DD 61 74 34 04 FB 8A BD 43 54 83 38 0C 82 EF B1

David /\/elson

"Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things." -- The 7 Habits Book