(no subject)

Vincent J. Parrilla (parrilla@ix.netcom.com)
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 13:20:02 -0700

I have a similar arrangement. That is, a builtin Ultra 2 SCSI, which I hook
to my Umax 1200S. The connection should be made with the power off.
Then you need to "reboot" so the op-system can see the new SCSI device.
(You may have already done this).

You may have to go into the /dev/ directory (as root) to give users
permission
to access this device - which is what I did. Since I don't have my
Linux
box in front of me, I don't remember all the details but I can tell you
that when installing sane, I just used the default settings, etc. and didn't
need
to alter any *.conf files.

I later invoked xscanimage& and the tool had no problem finding everything.
am able to preview and scan perfectly and transport the files into gimp.

Don't know if that helps but I was able to get my system to work.