Re: SANE V2 - again...

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 17:54:31 +0200

Milon Firikis wrote:

> I won't comment on the language support. But since we are talking about
> new documented capabilities (SANE standard revision) I would like to see
> some means for:
>
> -reading files with array of numbers as information. This would be
> useful to read/save/store
> -Gamma Tables
> -Calibration vectors (3x256)
> -Color Correction tables (3x3 integer matrix)
> -Halftone patterns (4x4, or 8x8 PGM images)
>
> Some of them may be "well known options" like the Gamma tables.
> Currently SANE provides some way of downloading GAMMA tables but the
> procedure is not well documented IIRC.

Hi,

the gamma tables should be well known options, may be the halftone patterns too,

we should add that to the next sane standard.

For what do you need the calibration vector in the frontend, that should be
handled only in the backend.

If we want to add color correction as a "midend" it could be interesting
to add a well known option for the color correction matrix (3x3).
But this could also be done in a frontend, that does not make much
work so I would'nt write a midend for it.

Bye
Oliver

--
EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE