Re: microtek X6 advance and TMA

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 00:50:30 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 11:44:42PM +0200, Joachim Heidemeier wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm new to this forum and -of course- searching for help.
> I recently bought a microtek X6 advance with the
> light-lid TMA (on a fairly standard linux-box, Scanner as single device on
> a seperate Adaptec 1505).
> Normal flatbed scanning worked ok, but when I switched to TMA-Mode the
> whole system hangs until the scanner is switched off.
> In the mailing list archive I read that ~2-3 month ago the same effects
> were discussed. Has somebody already fixed this problem.

No, it is not yet fixed. But the problem was different: The system
didn't hang, but the backend terminated, because the scanner attributes
that were returned by the device didn't match the actual data format that
was used by the scanner to transfer the image data.

I will try to look into this as soon as possible.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de