Re: modprobe

David Fox (dsfox@cogsci.ucsd.edu)
12 Aug 1999 12:13:05 -0700

Pamela Akazawa <pakazawa@radonc17.ucsf.edu> writes:

> hello again
> well I rushed home and tried
> /sbin modprobe sg
> I checked /proc/devices and saw sg listed
> but when I ran xscanimage no devices showed up except the defaults
> any ideas anyone.
> i even uninstalled and reinstalled sane after I loaded sg still no luck.

Try running it as root if you haven't already. Also look for a message
like

Detected scsi generic sga at scsi0, channel 0, id 5, lun 0

in the output of the dmesg command. If its not sga you may have
to change your scanner link as someone else mentioned.

By the way, I don't have to run modprobe to get my generic devices
started, and I use a more-or-less stock redhat kernel. I don't think
this is your problem.

--
David Fox           http://hci.ucsd.edu/dsf             xoF divaD
UCSD HCI Lab                                         baL ICH DSCU