Re: Slide scanner support?

Irv Thomae (irv.thomae@succinct.com)
Mon, 09 Aug 99 19:56:43 -0500

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999 20:53:11 +0000 (GMT), Benedikt Eric Heinen wrote:

>Hi there,
>
> I'm looking towards getting a new slide scanner. I'd like to know, which
>models are currently supported under linux-i386 (a solution using sane
>would be preferred, but depending on scanner quality I might go for
>something else as well)?

[further details deleted...]
Pardon me for chiming in, but I have been meaning to ask the same question
- EXCEPT that I think the term "slide" may need clarification. Along with
Eric's questions, I'd like to know:
??> Which transparency scanners supported by SANE can deal with 60x60mm
film (like that used by Mamiya, Hasselblad, and many older cameras, still
sold in the USA as "120 size") ??
HP has a new dual-use scanner, with film-scan built in, but it looks as if
it's designed to handle 35mm film _only_.

Thanks,
Irv Thomae