Re: [Fwd: Re: Problem with Astra 1200s]

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 09:35:35 +0200

Lee Nevo wrote:

> SUCCESS!!!
>
> I tried my much older ISA Adaptec AVA-1505 SCSI card and everything
> worked great.
>
> I'm a little disappointed by the fact that it isn't working with the
> Buslogic card, however your reasoning behind needing an active
> terminator makes sense. I'm going to see if I can find one and test it
> out again.
>
> Do you think the terminator is most likely the problem, or should I
> start looking for a better SCSI card?
>
> Thanks for all your help. Its incredible that we were able to solve the
> problem within 20 hours!!!

Hi Lee,
fine that it works for now.

I think you will get the scanner working with th Buslogic card.
The Terminator is a good start, it also could be the cable.

Ultra scsi cards are always bad for external components.
Normally you don't need the speed but you have to use
short and expensive cables and active termination!

Good luck und much fun with (x)sane and your scanner!

Bye
Oliver

--
EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE