Re: New Camera

Nick Lamb (njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 01:25:43 +0100 (GMT)

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Oliver Rauch wrote:

> I think it is good that the manufacturors do ask us to support their
> hardware. Ok, his mail was a bit strange, but would it be possible
> to be a bit more friendly?

As far as I can see he's not a manufacturer. He's running a (support?)
group and people have asked him how to make their Cameras work. The
correct answer is probably the one he already got...

PC users still haven't learnt (with the exception of a few NT users
who got burnt in 3.x and again in 4.0) that HARDWARE is worthless
unless you have drivers or documentation for your OS. Expect this
message to be even more lost after W2K unifies Windows Drivers so
that Enterprise NT runs Win98 scanner drivers.

Nick.