Re: Umax 1200S on LinuxPPC R5

Hugo van der Kooij (Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl)
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 17:48:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, Oliver Rauch wrote:

> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> > > do you have a scsi or a parallel scanner ?
> >
> > I'm strictly SCSI.
>
> Hi Hugo,
>
> if you are not sure if your computer is a big endian machine,
> do
>
> export SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=10
>
> and then start (x)scanimage or xsane, at the beginning
> the umax backend prints the endianess of the machine on which
> it is running!

Unfortunatly that requires more activities as I have moved the scanner to
it's permanent spot which make it out of reach for my Alpha unless I start
it over the network. But considering the workload of last week and the
current tempature it may take a month to complete.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl		 http://www.caiw.nl/~hvdkooij/