Re: Re: [PARPORT] BETA test, new ppSCSI drivers

Bernd Schroeder (Bernd.M.Schroeder@gmx.de)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:14:18 +0200 (MEST)

> On Thu, Jun 17, 1999 at 02:31:16AM +0000, Michele Bini wrote:
> > Scanning usually works, but there are some problems still, the
> > biggest one being the fact that the head starts scanning
> > with a certain offset, which, in 'preview mode', seems
> > proportional to the bit depth of the image (that is, small
> > at line-art mode, big at gray mode and huge at color mode).
>
> I have to correct this: the offset of the previews at
> line-art and gray mode are the same
>
> The offset (the ratio part_skipped/part_scanned, not in bytes)
> is reduced a lot when I do a full scan in color mode.

I am a bit surprised that the Phantom CX series of scanners
is working at all with the backend, because they have a different
technology (CIS instead of CCD).

As a first step to solve the problem, please send me the output of
the scanner attributes. They are printed to stderr if you set
'option dump 1' in the microtek2.conf file.

Bernd

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net