Re: UMAX T-30 and Adaptec 2906

Wim Taymans (wim.taymans@tvd.be)
Wed, 09 Jun 1999 19:55:43 +0200

mendes@mgconecta.com.br wrote:

> Oops!!
>
> No, I did not. I guess I am in trouble right now, aren't I?
> Where can I check whether the card is supported or not?

Hi,

you can check it here:

http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-backends.html

Looks like it is not supported, but checking out the docs mentions something:

SCSI ADAPTER TIPS

The SCSI-adapters that are shipped with some Umax-scanners
are not supported by Linux and most other platforms, so
you typically need to purchase another SCSI-adapter that
is supported by your platform. See the relevant hardware
FAQs and HOWTOs for your platform for more information.

You can read all that on the above mentioned URL.

Wim Taymans

> Many thanks
>
> Ed
>
> Oliver Rauch wrote:
>
> > "Eduardo M. A. M. Mendes" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi everybody
> > > Although my umax t-630 did come with its own isa-scsi card I
> > > couldn't get it
> > > working on linux. I have recently bought a scsi card Adaptec 2906 and
> > > wonder whether someone could tell me how to get the scanner and sane
> > > working with this new setup.
> > > Thanks a lot.
> > >
> > > Ed
> >
> > Hi Ed,
> >
> > I don`t know if there is a driver for the Adaptec 2906 scsi card for linux!
> >
> > Did you check this before you bought the card?
> >
> > Bye
> >
> > Oliver
> >
> > --
> > EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE
> > WWW: http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch
> >
> > --

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
- Voltaire