Re: UMAX 1220S not recognized

Larry Snyder (larrys@lexis-nexis.com)
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 19:28:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Michelle --
Check the archives (available at www.mostang.com/sane/mail.html) for
how to get debugging info. Does it work if you try it as root?
My 1220S runs fine w/ sane 1.0.0, kernel 2.2.5 on an Alpha. Are your
scsi terminations/id's set properly?

That's the first set of questions I'd ask, but I haven't been at this
all that long. BTW, what's the difference between an Arstec and an Astra?
Mine's an Astra. I didn't see any mention of an Arstec on umax's site.
Are you sure it's a umax?

Sorry I couldn't offer more help. Lots of others can.
-ls-