Re: preview window feature request

Andreas Dilger (adilger@enel.ucalgary.ca)
Fri, 14 May 1999 11:46:41 -0600 (MDT)

Graham writes:
> > I also don't like the fact that you can't just grab the outline of the
> > scanned area to change the dimensions.
> > I know I can use the sliders on the main panel to change the x,y
> > coordinates, but I think that's clunky.
>
> Dragging out an area on the preview window also moves the sliders on the main
> panel to indicate the area selected.

Actually, the real problem is that once you drag an outline in the preview,
you can't adjust it except by the sliders. For instance, in the GIMP crop
tool, you can select a region, and then there are "grab points" on the
selection outline which allow you to adjust the selected region, similar to
resizing a window in most (all?) window managers. The xscanimage preview
doesn't let you do that.

Cheers, Andreas

--
Andreas Dilger   University of Calgary  \"If a man ate a pound of pasta and
                 Micronet Research Group \ a pound of antipasto, would they