Re: preview window feature request

Graham Stoney (greyham@research.canon.com.au)
Fri, 14 May 1999 10:11:09 +1000 (EST)

Hi John,

John Stoffel writes:
> Specifically I'm not sure I really like the fact that you have to
> explicity open the preview window and grab a preview when you start
> scanning.

Are you running the latest xscanimage from SANE 1.0.1? You don't have to
grab a preview when you start scanning, if you know the position of the image
that you want to grab. Just move the sliders on the main panel; of course
you're flying in the dark a bit, but you can do it.

> I also don't like the fact that you can't just grab the outline of the
> scanned area to change the dimensions.
> I know I can use the sliders on the main panel to change the x,y
> coordinates, but I think that's clunky.

Dragging out an area on the preview window also moves the sliders on the main
panel to indicate the area selected.

> Front Feature Requests:
> 3. Ability to zoom on on a preview for finer control.

This would be handy.

Another feature I'd like to see is the ability to set slider values to some
exact number. Perhaps the field where the value is stored could be made
editable so you can both type the number in, and move the slider to change it.
Sometimes you want to set something exactly, and the resolution of the slider
just isn't up to it.

Regards,
Graham