Re: Mustek 1200SP/12000SP Firmware-1.05

Bjoern Buerger (b.buerger@gmx.de)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 20:34:07 +0200

"Dr. Andreas Bolsch" wrote:

Hi everyone,
I am the neighbour with that §&$% mustek scanner ;-)
Thanks for your help. I will try to give as much info
as possible, but I don't really know where to get the
right information.

I put some sample scans with different settings to
http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0004855/sane/katalog.html

Maybe this helps you to understand the problem.

As you can see,
Lineart, Halftone and gray are allmost ok, the
previewscans are ok, color scans up to 30 dpi are ok,
but every resolution over 30 dpi (color) is not.
color_halftone and color_lineart leave silly results,
with about 85% black and some weird pixels in it.

sometimes forced backtracking changes the result, sometimes
not - I don't really understand why ...

The color fails in two scans with the same settings are
exactly the same e.g.:
color_60dpi.jpg
color_60dpi_with_backtracking.jpg

> And it might be interesting to know the type of SCSI card.
> The ones shipped with Mustek's scanners are notoriously
> troublesome. Einfach graesslich.

I use a Adaptec 2940W PCI card.

cat /proc/scsi/scsi said:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
Vendor: SCANNER Model: Rev: 1.05
Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 01 CCS

The Scanner is a Mustek Paragon 1200SP *but* :
The Label on the front side (above the LED) sais: 1200SP
The Label on the back: Flatbed Scanner Modell No. MFS - 12000 SP

Please help :-)

Ciao, Bjørn

--
        o_)   Bjoern Buerger        http://bbuerger.home.pages.de