Re: xsane-0.18 available

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:55:56 +0100

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> I tried xsane 0.18 with Linux 2.2.1, sane 1.0, gtk+1.0.4, gimp1.0.0
> and a Mustek 600 II N (mustek backend). It works very well with and
> without gimp (output format: pnm). Nice work! Some minor points:

Thanks.

I corrected the faults in the manpage, thanks for that info!

> Copying mode: xsane seems to use filename settings of the last scan in
> scan mode. I would prefer to automaticaly use a temporary file name.

No, xsane uses (at least it should) an own file in ~/.sane/xsaneI will take a look
if something goes wrong there!
Do you think about the overwrite warning!
The file will not be overwritten, the warning is wrong!
Is corrected in xsane-0.19!

> Preferences: The printer resolution ist't changeable, it will become
> the old value after pushing "OK". Without this option I can't get a
> draft copy with a low resolution in copy mode.

Oops. Is corrected in xsane-0.19! THANKS

> Copying mode (could be scan mode, too): After pressing "Aquire image"
> at the preview window all buttons and options get inactive but the
> "Start"-button. Pressing this button during preview hangs xsane (no
> window refresh) for about 30 seconds. After that a window pops up:
> "Failed to start scanner: invalid argument", xsane closes the
> preview window and the copy is done.

I will take a look at this!

> Scan mode: Using the Gamma slider during "acquire preview" turns the
> scanned lines into black. The rest of the image (scanned after the
> change) is ok.

Thanks for your infos!
It's nice to get such a feedback, then I know what works and what doesn`t !

Bye
Oliver

--
EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE