Re: SANE backend for Sharp JX 250 version 0.11

abel deuring (a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 14:58:51 +0100

Hi Fukuda Kazuya (I hope I'm addressing you correctly :),
hi all,

you wrote:

> I'm confused about the backend for the JX 250.

Sorry, I didn't knew that you started to work on a backend for
Sharp scanners.

> I write a sharp backend for the JX 610 based on canon.c.
> and version 0.12 is included in sane-pre1.01-3.tar.gz
> ##
> current version is 0.14 (patched by david's patch).)
> current version(sharp014.tar.gz) is attached in this mail.
>
> But, Abel Deuring made the another sharp backend based on Ricoh scanner.
> These backend are very different, but support scanner is very similar.

I simply looked for a point to start work and decided for the Ricoh
backend because the source code is not that long and quite readable.

> Does any one have good ideas?

Let's throw our stuff together. After a first glimpse into your source
code,
it seems to me that it is probably easier for me to add JX-250 support
into
your code that to add JX-610 support into my code.

Abel