Re: HP Photosmart R032 problem

Ewald R. de Wit (ewald@pobox.com)
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 18:54:06 +0100

john allen pitney (pitney@students.uiuc.edu) wrote:

> I interpreted this as a tone map download:
>
> time 0 command 0a flags 54 status 01 length 5 *a5T
> time 0 command 0a flags 54 status 01 length 5 *a6D
> time 0 command 0a flags 54 status 01 length 8 *a1024W
> time 0 command 0a flags 54 status 01 length 1024
>
> According to http://www.dmo.hp.com/devexchange/nam/scanjet/sclv9.htm the
> *a6D means a 10x8 tone map is about to be downloaded. Am I reading this
> right? I take that last line above to be the downloading of 10-bits
> worth of gamma table.

That is most definitely a tonemap transfer caught in the act, so it
can indeed be done.

> KDE!?! :-) Anyway, enjoy your project.

Hehehe.. thank you for your warm feelings :-)

> I think that xscanimage/hp backend
> is pretty close right now, it just needs a few more tweaks.

If you could put in a 10x8 gamma map in the backend that would be very cool.
Meanwhile I'll be trying the software-only route, that is to do
everything with high bit depth accuracy in software.

--
  --  Ewald