Re: [Fwd: HP ScanJet 5p + Linux 2.2.3 w/ sym53c416 driver]

Paulo Afonso Graner Fessel (pafessel@netsol.com.br)
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 11:50:51 -0300

--------------0BB80A3D494E0C34A328227F

Nick Lamb wrote:

> Chances are that you've got the wrong device. Find out the correct name
> to use for your scanner device with the find-scanner program. It should
> show you the device name and the scanner's description.

Unfortunately not. find-scanner shows /dev/sga and /dev/scanner (which
happens to be a symlink to /dev/sga).

> Once you've found the correct device, it's usually easiest to link it to
> /dev/scanner as a soft link. That way most SANE devices will work with
> minimal effort.

I've already done this.

Also, I've run scanimage in debug mode via gdb. And in no place of the
program I see /dev/sga or /dev/scanner being referenced. When the device
list is built, it only shows pnm:0 and pnm:1. Also, I've checked ld.so.conf
and I'm sure it's ok.

Thanks

Paulo
--------------0BB80A3D494E0C34A328227F

begin:vcard
n:Fessel;Paulo
tel;fax:+55-11-572-5053
tel;home:Naah...
tel;work:+55-11-573-0300 x.142
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:NetSolutions;Support & Services
version:2.1
email;internet:pafessel@netsol.com.br
title:Support Analyst - Internet/UNIX Admin
adr;quoted-printable:;;Avenida Ibirapuera, 2033 - 15=BA andar=0D=0AMoema;São Paulo;SP;04029-100;Brazil
fn:Paulo Fessel
end:vcard