Re: microtek2 driver

Christopher Curtis (ccurtis@aet-usa.com)
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 22:15:18 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, Bernd Schroeder wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 06:59:39PM -0500, Christopher Curtis wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Bernd Schroeder wrote:
> >
> > > The error 'invalid argument' normally occurs if the frontend is not
>
> I just checked the code again, and the only place where this can happen
> at the beginning of a scan, is indeed, when the backend tries to open
> the device. Are the permissions of /dev/scanner or, if it is a link,
> the device /dev/scanner points to, correctly set ?

I don't know what the permissions are, but all this was being done as
root. I think we've progressed beyond this point, though. The error
sequence is now:

[microtek2] scsi_send_gamma: pos=0x805a5b8, size=3072, word=0, color=3
[microtek2] scsi_wait_for_image: ms=0x8055820
[microtek2] scsi_read_image_status: ms=0x8055820
[microtek2] scsi_read_image_status: 'Error during device I/O'
[microtek2] scsi_wait_for_image: 'Error during device I/O'
[microtek2] cleanup_scanner: ms=0x8055820
scanimage: sane_start: Error during device I/O

but there are other problems that I think need to be resolved. Further
development is currently on hold until some issues get worked out.

> I have received your mail and have added the missing include. Does
> it now work ?

No, but I don't know if it's a problem with your driver. Right now I
don't think it is. Once more progress has been made, I'll be sure to let
you know if you wish.

Christopher