Re: horizontal stripes in your image

Dr. Andreas Bolsch (Andreas.Bolsch@maths.nott.ac.uk)
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:33:29 +0000

Georg Huettenegger wrote:

> > recently I posted a problem with my mustek 12000 sp connected to an adaptec
> > 1505. In each scanned image I noticed horizontal stripes. First I thought
> > it's a problem of the beta-version of sane for musteks, but in fact
> > this is a problem of my scsi-adapter. The solution is, that the correct
> > scsi-parameters (in my system lilo-parameters) should sound like the following:
> >
> > - disconnect: no
> > - init_sync: no
> >

> Because it seems that other users have similar problems I would like to
> ask what could help if the above settings do not help. I have a Symbios
> Logic 53c810A which works great but the stripes wont go even if I do as
> recommended above. Only scanning with backtracking turned on helps (but
> needs 2-3x times longer).

These problems probably refer to completely different scanners!
The newer 12000SP (denoted by ScanExpress) and the older one
(MFS-12000SP) have nothing to do with each other. For the SE
the backtracking switch is simply ignored because the scanner
doesn't support it. So the second problem report refers to MFS,
and the first to SE, I guess.

I've got an Adaptec aha1505 and a SE 12000SP but enabling disconnect
doesn't do any harm for me.