Re: Microtek - Scanner and SCSI - Emulation over EPP

Joachim Kunze (joachim.kunze@metronet.de)
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:17:01 +0100

Am Thu, 18 Feb 1999 schriebst Du:
>Hello,
>at the moment I am thinking of bying a reasonable good scanner.
>Currently I am favoring Microtek, as they appear to have good quality
>for their prices.
>
>Now their parallel port scanners are much cheaper than the SCSI version,
>and they are meant to have SCSI over paralell port.
>
>I do not care much about scanning speed, or locking up the system. But I
>am interested to hear, about the SCSI emulation. Does anyone have
>experience, if it works - what dirvers are necessary to use it?
>
>Regards
>Horst
>

>--

Hi Horst,

if you don't worry about locking during scanning or problems like that I
recommend a Mustek ScanExpress 1200 SP (SCSI-Model) or a ScanExpress 9636 S
with a cheap SCSI host-adapter (adaptec 1505, etc.). In Germany the SE
1200SP is available for appox. 185.-- DM and the resuts are really great.
I use the scans for photo-competitions and I am very confident with this
scanner.

ciao,

Joachim