Re: xsane 0.11 available

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:52:53 +0100

wolfgang rapp wrote:

> Hello,
> I tested xsane-0.11 on linux 2.0.32 with net backend and a local HP
> PhotoSmart.
> I had some crashes if I browse through the options at different places.
> Especially if I unswitch RGB default. It seems this depends on the
> history what is done earlier. But normally it works. 0.10 seems to be
> more stable.
Hi Wolfgang,

thanks for that info.

I tested this with the umax backend via net:localhost and did not have
any problems.
How much RAM does your computer have and how much is freen when you start xsane?

> I also compiled xsane for my Unixware Version - it works.
Fine!

> But the lines of code containing the C++ syntax with // as comment
> increase from version to version. For portability if not using gcc this
> takes time to alter and compile.
I am sorry about that, but that will stay the next versions.
In the moment the versions are only snapshots of my development.
When I know that it works with most backends/scanners, I will remove the //
lines!

Bye
Oliver

--