Re: Please help me with unrecogn. scanner (Microtek 630)

Robert J. Alexander (rja@raleigh.ibm.com)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:04:08 +0100

"Robert J. Alexander" wrote:

> Dear Friends,
> would anyone please be so kind to help me a little ??
>
> Debian Linux with SANE 1.00 package and prerequisites installed.
>
> Kernel is 2.1.125 with all SCSI high level support compiled plus the
> device driver for my Adaptec 2940 board to which I have connected, other
> than my HD, on another SCSI ID a
>
> MICROTEK ScanMaker 630 SCSI flatbed A4 scanner.
>
> atena:/home/bob# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
> Attached devices:
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
> Vendor: IBM-PCCO Model: DDRS-39130W !# Rev: S97B
> Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
> Vendor: Model: Scanner 600A4 Rev: 2.10
> Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>
> find-scanner -v shows a list of searched devices but does not find
> anything.
>
> I am also attaching the relevant part of my /var/log/messages
>
> Could it be that as the Vendor: field in /proc/scsci/scsi is empty I
> have this problem ??
>
> Thank you VERY MUCH for any help.
>
> --
> Robert Alexander
> IBM Italy
> SpamLESSrja@raleigh.ibm.com
> if you want to write please remove the SpamLESS prefix from my address

Blush ... I performed a /dev/MAKEDEV sg-all and re-ipled ... now
find-scanner reports:

find-scanner: found scanner " Scanner 600A4 2.10" at device /dev/sg1

But I am probably too stupid to understand what to do next since:

$ scanimage --list-devices
device `pnm:0' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
device `pnm:1' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device

does not report the scanner. I am sure skipping some customization step

Still in need of your help. Thank you Bob.