Re: AGFA 1236S supported ?

Kevin R. Charter (charter@cs.rice.edu)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:50:00 -0600

becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I have received a mail asking whether the AGFA SnapScan 1236S is supported
> by SANE.

If it is at all compatible with the SnapScan 300/310/600 then it might
work with the snapscan backend. But trying it out requires hacking the
backend to accept the vendor and model strings and selecting which
of the previous AGFA scanners it's most closely compatible with. I would
guess that the 310 is probably the most likely. Naturally, since it's
a newer scanner not all the features will likely be supported.
And recent efforts to get documentation haven't been very successful,
so it may never be fully supported.

Kevin