Re: TWAIN - SANE interface : announce

Andre Couture (acouture@videotron.ca)
Mon, 04 Jan 1999 23:20:23 -0500

Hi Chris,

I have experimented with changing the SANE_STATUS_INVAL to SANE_STATUS_GOOD and
got it to go a bit further, but I still believe it has to be handled in the
frontend.

The frontend, should verify what is available, before puting an options to set it
on the screen.

I had similar problems with the "scanner.cgi" perl script, but that was much
easier to fix by doing some test before writing it to the form.
Or to simply not try to set values that are '0'.

Chris, I'm moving to Europe this wednesday, so I won't be much help after
wednesday to do any testing on my system.
Even if I will still have access via ssh, changing page in the scanner will be
hard ;-).

Actually I was hoping to be able to get that TWAIN driver to work before leaving,
so they can use the scanner to FAX pages... oh well...

/ac

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Andre Couture 938934 Ontario Inc. mailto:acouture@videotron.ca

mailto:search_n_find@yahoo.com