Re: Silly noises instead of an Image

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:59:27 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, aRtsCi - Nikos Diamandis wrote:

> a.bolsch@ic.ac.uk wrote:
> > --speed and --backtrack has no meaning for the SE. Get rid of this damn
> > crippled SCSI-card shipped with the scanner. I've got an Adaptec 1520 and
> > 486-machine, a full page scan at 300dpi takes just 3 min. And kill anything
> > not absolutely necessary before scanning.
>
> I think that this isn't a solution!
> Or I could say: Change the OS and buy M$ in order to have whatever you want
> to!
> I think that some people have used both the scanner and the scsi interface
> card I'm using and they have used it right! What did they do? Is it so
> difficult to describe??????

You can think all you want. But the answer is a clear indication of the
opposite. The card seems to be failure if used with SANE.

So if no one can vouch for success you can only testify for failure from
your own experience. (Or to keep the score: Bad: 1 / Good: 0)

Scanners are known to be shipped with cheap cards. Some of them are too
much pain to bother and try to get some results out of them.

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |